Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dream Journal Entry #2

Journaling my dreams for class...

Me, Alex, and some friends were somewhere, walking all over this building. It seemed like a professional building most of the time, but it seems like we were at an amusement park other times because we kept talking about the rides we were going to ride and at one point in time we all put our stuff in lockers. Well I remember putting my pocketbook & things in a locker, because we were getting ready to ride The Tower of Terror at Disney World. If you've never ridden this ride, you seem like you're on an elevator, in your seat, and it takes you ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way up, opens up the door, and the DROPS you down super fast! I remember my friend Ashleigh was with us, as well my friend Jose and Valerie- which is odd because those are all different friends of mine from different groups of friends. On the way walking around the building towards the locker, I remember talking to my friend Ashleigh about the last time we rode The Tower of Terror and how much fun it was. {We really did ride it together, at least once, when we were in 7th grade at Disney World for a cheerleading competition.} But anyways, most of the day we had spent walking around this building-- guys walking with the guys and talking and the girls walking with the girls talking, as usual. But anyways, so, we put our stuff in the lockers, and then all get on the elevator. After we went up a couple floors, I thought that I might not have closed the locker door. I told them that I was going to get off the elevator and go check my locker to make sure my pocketbook didn't get stolen. When the door opened, my friend Becky and I ran off the elevator, only to be suspended in mid-air! We actually were on the Tower of Terror and didn't know it. They were now using real elevators for the ride and we didn't know! But somehow, maybe it was an angel or something, an angel with a warped sense of humor, we were held up in mid-air, and then DROPPED suddenly with the elevator as it went down! We both were scared to death, screaming for our lives because we thought we were going to hit the ground and die. But, we didn't- it was all part of the ride, which I wanted OFF of as soon as possible! Now, for some reason, I went then by myself {guess Becky had had enough} to go check my locker. I was running around the professional building again, now by myself. I turned the corner and this man, who seemed like a black version of the killer off of the new The Lovely Bones movies was standing at a corner as I ran around it. At first we made eye contact. I must have ran into him or something, because I stopped dead in my tracks. We stared at each other for a moment, and then as soon as I thought to run again, he grabbed the bottom of my shirt. I yelled to him that I didn't have any money on me or anything- I didn't even have pockets in the pants I was wearing and I was heading to my purse, so I literally had nothing on me at the time. Somehow I must have swatted at him or something and got away and started running again. He started to come after me- but was walking! I saw two people walking down this stairwell at the end of the hallway, so I yelled to them for help! By the time I got to the end of the hallway I kept yelling as I started BOLTING down the stairs- and when I say "bolting" I mean jumping down each half-flight of stairs. I was flying down those stairs and he was still walking, yet it seemed like he was always right behind me! I, at times, saw people walking up and down the stairwell and would yell at them that I needed help. They would all give me a look, give the man behind me a look, and then keep going on about their business. I think at ONE point in time, ONE man showed some care in his eyes for me, but didn’t do anything about it, he just watched as we flew down this staircase, heading to whoknowswhere.
That’s when I woke up. It was 8:45 AM. I don’t know if I woke myself up or what- I have tried to do that sometimes when everything just seems too much like a dream. My alarm clock didn’t go off and I don’t think any of the residents were being loud this early in the morning. Either way, I wasn’t about to go immediately back to sleep. I don’t want to know what happens when he catches me- IF he caught me. I wonder if the rest of my group of friends started to wonder where I was.

Side note: I Googled images of the Tower of Terror to show  you in case you don't know what I'm talking about. This is the building at Disney World from the outside:

It has a hotel theme, which gets creepier as you go through the ride. And once you get to the top, you see the view of all the park, because you're extremely high up, and then it DROPS you super fast! You get your picture snapped as you start to "fly down the elevator shaft!" The pictures are the funniest to see. We bought hard copies of ours and Mom still has them to this day. {It was about ten years ago. MAN I feel old!} This isn't what your pictures look like. Usually it's all you and your friends, instead of these creepy hotel clerks that don't show a BIT of emotion as they are flying down this thing. But, this shows you a good idea of what it feels like to go down the ride.

I have not seen a reminder of or even thought of my Disney World trip, the Tower of Terror, hotels, or anything recently. I find it extremely odd I dreamed about this. {Not to mention The Lovely Bones man who was chasing after me}.

PS: I haven't seen the movie The Lovely Bones, but I have been planning to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...