Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hope during your season of waiting

I just wanted to remind those of you out there that have forgotten (while also reminding myself) that God is so so so good and when we think that we are missing out, it's just because He has a much more perfect plan for us.  We just see the here and now and often forget to look outside of our box and see how our disappointments could possibly be for the better. I vow to continue to try my hardest to keep the faith that God knows what He's doing and knows what's best for me more than I do.  Just when you think you can't take anymore, God finds a way to surprise you with the most richest blessings! Being patient, keeping faith, and (here's the kicker) attempting to not be so darn anxious while you wait is what pleases God the most. It also makes the ride a lot more bearable.

I hope that if you think you're missing out, or  you're bummed because something's not going your way, to please remember that God loves you and only wants what's best for you.  We often think we know what's best for us, but we don't. We really don't.

The following are some Bible verses and random quotes that I had found years ago (I'm sure it was during a time when Alex and I were not dating and I was having a hard time), but I just found so much hope in Bible verses and quotes. I still do.  I think they're super relatable and  say words that you often can't come up with yourself.  My current issues of waiting does not have anything to do with Alex. (So now y'all, this doesn't have to do with marriage, him proposing, anything of that nature. So hold the comments if you will.)  But these are something I held highly at one point, and I know that someone out there will be able to use them today for whatever it is they're going through.  They all are pretty ambiguous, meaning that they aren't specific to one area. You could be able to apply them to any period of waiting that you're currently going through.  I hope this finds it's way to those who need it.  :-)

"God may not always give us answers, but he always gives us grace."

"Sometimes it's best to forget how you feel and remember what you deserve." 

I understand that it's not understandable; only You, Lord, know EVERYTHING.
The bigger picture is so much more beautiful.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." -Proverbs 3:5-6

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for but certain of what we do not see." -Hebrews 11:1

"Beginnings are scary. Endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts.
So, when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it will." -Hope Floats

"Waiting for God's perfect timing can save you years of heartbreak.
Remember, God is faithful and always keeps His promises...even if you have to wait."

"Always remember, it's not what He's keeping from you, it's what He's SAVING FOR you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...