Friday, August 1, 2014

Recipe: Low-Carb Dark Chocolate Truffles

This is another recipe that I got from LowCarb4Life on YouTube. I just had to find  me a way to incorporate chocolate into my low-carb diet, so this was an easy way to do it. Her videos aren't too long and show you how to make the entire recipe, so I {being the non-foodie that I am} really appreciate that. However, she doesn't actually list out her recipes. So I have done you a favor, watched the video, written down the recipe, and counted the carbs for you!! {You're welcome!} Here you go...

Low-Carb Dark Chocolate Truffles 

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp. butter
  • 1/2 tsp. sugar-free vanilla syrup
  • 1/2 tsp. almond {or vanilla...I chose vanilla} extract
  • 2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. Melt butter & chocolate chips together in microwave, stirring every 30-45 seconds.
  2. Add whipping cream, extract, and syrup to your buttery chocolate mixture & stir well.
  3. Spoon approx. 1 tbsp. of the mix into mini cupcake liners {I just used regular sized ones}. 
  4. Freeze cups for 30-45 minutes.
THE END. SO EASY!

This makes about 10 truffles. I just stuffed the cupcake liners filled with mix anywhere I could sit them in my freezer. I also kind of rolled the liner around until the mix filled the entire bottom of the liner, if that makes any sense. Just make sure that you don't remove from freezer/fridge until you're about to serve them...they melt/soften fairly quickly!! 

They taste like fudge, give you your chocolate kick, and are only ONE net carb per truffle!! Amazing! The entire recipe was 10 net carbs, so divide that into however many truffles you want to make, if you want to make them larger or smaller than 1 tbsp. each. :)

And here's the video if you want to watch...



Enjoy!!

,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...