Thursday, February 9, 2006

My new favorite book is "No One Else Will Listen: A girl's conversations with God." Check it out! Here's some bits & pieces..

"Forgive me, Lord, but I'm turning to you because nobody else will listen. ... I prayed when I was just a kid, prayers I have been taught. It was all very innocent and simple. Well, I'm not so innocent any more and it isn't simple any more. It's real, very real. And even if I never see you, never hear an answer, I know that you too are real."

"Sometimes it seems nobody loves me, Lord. And to be quite frank, I don't see how they can. I am so clumsy so much of the time. My hair looks awful, I'm having trouble with my skin. I eat too much, I often stuff myself when I feel ashamed. I say and do stupid things. I cry for no good reason. I lash out at people and feel sorry for myself. Lord, help me remember that no miracle is beyond you if I will just relax and stop fighting life the way I do. Nobody can hurt me half as much as I've been hurting myself. Thanks for not despising me even though I'm such a mess."

"I get so discouraged about myself sometimes. All these faults. I keep trying to correct them, but just when I think I've got some of them licked, a couple of new ones, worse ones sometimes, pop up. Or I'll do or say something I thought I would never do again. I'm shocked at myself. I could kick myself. WON'T I LEARN?! Please be patient with me Lord, and teach me to be more patient with myself. Knowing you still love me despite these faults and setbacks helps a lot. Help me not to get too discouraged with myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...