Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thank you Lord for answered prayers

I really don't know where to begin. This has been a very emotional week for me and my family. First of all, I want to say a big thank you to all of you who have been praying for my brother, Pat, and our family. I am a firm believer that prayers are heard and prayers can heal! I want to thank those who have prayed for and laid hands on my brother at Covenant Bible Church, and ALL the hometown churches that have added Pat and my family to their prayer lists. First Baptist Church has also done an exceptional job expressing their concern and letting us know that we are in their prayers. For that I thank you! Saying "thank you" really doesn't express my genuine appreciation but I still must ask that you do not stop praying. I don't want to say "now more than ever" but now would just a much needed time for us to be lifted up in prayer. For the longest time we have prayed for answers, good answers, or at least answers we can handle....and, sure enough, as always, the good Lord provided! It has been over six months and we have found our answer! It's not the best answer ever, but thank you Jesus that it is not the worst answer either! For that I am forever thankful!

Now, I know not everyone who reads my blogs knows what is going on. I'm not big into secrets and know that for some of you who are reading this, you're just simply curious. I'm sometimes the same way. I will say to you, those who are taking the time to read this, that I am cutting the sarcasm off for the night, all joking aside, and sharing with you something very personal. In return, I ask that after reading this, you take a moment to lift my brother and my family up in prayer, and if you aren't religious or spiritual, then please, keep us in your thoughts and learn from our story, not taking anything in life for granted. Right now I am praying for hope and help for my brother. I can't imagine losing something as precious as my eyesight, even though I have to come to the realization that I, too, one day may as well. I am praying for the Lord to make a way to help my parents afford all the tools that Pat will need in his near future and for Him to heal our hearts and begin to see the will He has for us all. I have always said (almost cliché-like) that everything happens for a reason. No, it wasn't some sappy quote I got off the internet. It's a way I like to look at life, and God's will. I am positive that God has a perfect plan for us all, far beyond our comprehension--a.k.a. "a reason for everything," even this. This is not something that my brother, myself, or my family can not handle, with God's help. I am leaning on Him during this time and continuing to have faith!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...