Saturday, February 12, 2011

Inspiration

I read this and thought this would be a GREAT Bible passage to place in my future counseling office as a reminder to what I believe I am called to do!

The Year of the LORD’s Favor
 1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
   because the LORD has anointed me
   to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
   to proclaim freedom for the captives
   and release from darkness for the prisoners,
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor
   and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
 3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
   instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
   instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
   instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
   a planting of the LORD
   for the display of his splendor.

{Isaiah 61:1-3}

1 comment:

  1. oh! I love this and I obviously copied your "button" top right LOL when I saw it on the shabby blogs website I was looking at it thinking I know I have seen this before... But I couldnt remember where! lol NOW I DO :) Anyway I love the inspiration post, you are going to be a fabulous councelor! When my daughter is at the age when she becomes a mouthy, sarcastic adolescent I will be sending her your way!lol :))

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...