Friday, July 18, 2014

Recipe: Low-Carb Sugar-Free Chocolate Truffle Torte!

I posted a Facebook status and later an Instagram picture of my new favorite "low-carb chocolate pie" and afterwards had several people asking for the recipe. The recipe was found on LowCarb4Life. It's amateur videos of a normal person making yummy low-carb food in their home! So relatable! I haven't watched all her videos yet, but plan to watch more soon. She stopped making videos in 2008. I really wonder where she is now. The video is at the bottom of this blog post if you're interested in watching! This is my to-go-to this week as I begin my low-carb journey again. It's sugar-free, low-carb, and will most definitely give you your chocolate fix with just one piece. LowCarb4Life doesn't listen a ton of nutritional value in her videos, just uses low-carb ingredients, so I did the homework myself. Each piece of this yummy goodness is only 3 carbs! Try it for yourself!

Ingredients:
6 oz. sugar-free chocolate chips {WalMart sells Hershey's brand...Harris Teeter doesn't have them}
1/2 cup butter
1 cup Splenda {I used the Walmart's Great Value brand....same ingredients, way cheaper}
3 eggs
1 tbsp. of cocoa powder {I used Hershey's brand}
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla {I think vanilla extract, but I didn't have any, so I used Torani sugar-free vanilla syrup}

Steps:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Put chocolate chips & butter in a bowl & melt in microwave, stirring every 45 seconds.
Whisk in the cream, vanilla, cocoa, Splenda, and eggs. {Make sure it's stirred up good!}
Grease "torte/truffle" pan. {I used a pie pan}
Pour mixture into pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. {It'll be jiggly on the inside when you take it out of the oven.}
Let chill in fridge for at least 30 mins.

Here is the video if you are interested in watching:


Entire recipe is sugar-free and each piece only has 3 carbs! ENJOY guilt-free!! :)

,
Nicole 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...