I can guarantee you the Lord knew what He was doing when He made me her mama. He knew I had no idea what to do with a baby and gave me as low maintenance of a baby as possible.
Karis Jane is such a happy go-lucky baby. She is happy from the moment she wakes up and will just sit happily, kicking her fat little legs around, in her crib for a while before crying for someone to come
I returned to work after 13 weeks of maternity leave. Going to work wasn't THAT bad. Knowing me and my love for my job and my work ethic, there's no way I wouldn't be making appearances at the end of the school year anyways, so I might as well be getting paid for it, amiright?! I had to return to work with two more school weeks left, then work the following workdays. Again, not bad. God DEFINITELY timed my pregnancy & subsequent maternity leave PERFECTLY. Alex's mom could watch Karis Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and my mom graciously took off work Mondays and Tuesdays while I am back at work a few weeks. Then I'll have my summer off with my baby girl!! I am super excited to spend the time with her. She's growing like a weed & is such a joy!
3 month stats:
- Size 2 diapers
- Wearing 0-3 or 3 month clothing
- Probably 13ish lbs now... She was 12 lbs 1 oz at her 2 month appt.
- She has been sleeping in her crib full-time for a couple weeks now.
- She can ALMOST roll over. She sleeps on her side. :)
- Starting to use her hands for things.
- Still sticks that tongue out for pics and smiles A LOT. :) She is starting to baby laugh too and it's THE MOST precious thing.
- She doesn't gag EVERY time we offer her a pacifier. She prefers her hands right now!
- She loves bath time, watching the ceiling fan, to ride in the car or just basically always be moving, and her swing! Her swing is still her favorite thing. (That was the best investment.)
- She still hasn't lost her hair & her eyes are still blue. We may end up with a blue-eyed baby after all!
- Still nursing! Getting better all the time... but still takes a bottle like a champ! Woo-hoo!
- Usually just cries when hungry, but starting to teethe and fight sleep a little... Nana purchased an amber necklace in hopes it helps!
I get it now. The overload of pictures. The missing your baby. The pure pride and joy. The bittersweetness. I get it. Motherhood is going to wreck me, but it's a pretty awesome job! Again, thanking God Karis is who she is. While I can, I also can't wait to see her grow into the little girl
and later young woman God has created her to be.
|7 weeks old - first REAL smile caught on camera :) :)|
|8 weeks old|
|2 months old|
|11 weeks old|
|11 weeks old|
|12 weeks old - Mama's last day of maternity leave|
|Memorial Day 2016 - 12 weeks old|
|still loving that swing!!|