Monday, April 5, 2010

My four day weekend comes to an end

I am sad to see this four day weekend go. Alex & I walked 4 miles one day & 5.8 the next! We were on a roll. Even Baby walked 5.6 miles! We were enjoying taking advantage of all this beautiful weather we've been having lately!

Saturday, Alex & I had lunch at Court Street Grille in Lincolnton with a great great friend of mine, Lindsey, her husband Rhine, & her niece, Taylor. :) It was SO much fun. Lindsey moved to the Wilmington area probably about a year ago and I have not seen her since!! :( Don't worry, we try not to miss our weekly {at least an} hour-long talks on the phone! :) I just love having TRUE friends that I can stay in touch with! I hate that all my best friends live hours away from me...but that's life! Hopefully it won't be like that forever!

Lindsey is a *MOMMY TO BE* and I can't WAIT to meet her baby!! I know she will be a fantastic mother!

On a different note, I was disappointed a bit by Easter this year, for more than one reason, but that didn't take away the fact that I was sincerely grateful to my Lord, Jesus Christ, for the sacrifice he made many years ago for me today. I can't imagine what it would have been like to physically witness the resurrection of Jesus--literally, I can't imagine. It's one of those "beyond my understanding" kind of things and I'm okay with that. Either way, I know He did it and I am proud to call Him MY SAVIOR! I know that even today, my redeemer is alive and living in me! Praise be to God!

On a more humorous note: PLEASE look at all this CANDY Mom gave me for Easter:
This picture was actually taken after my cousin Nicholas took a HUGE bag of Skittles out & ate them! Good grief! I love my Mom and her efforts but I really would gain 10 lbs. if I ate all this candy!! Her and her Easter basket DID introduce me to my two new favorite weaknesses:
and


Lindor white chocolate truffles & white chocolate Hershey's Bliss chocolates!! Thanks Mom!! :)

Now...if only I could get this paper written that's due on Wednesday, I'd be set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...