Sunday, July 11, 2010

I love love.

Sometimes we'll be piled on the couch, wearing sweats, eating the kind of ice cream we like, watching our favorite TV show, talking in the shorthand way we talk that nobody else understands, and I'll realize that this every day, simple, no-big-deal moment... this is my happiness.
"Love is what makes you smile when you are tired." ~Terri, age 4. 
I'd rather have a hand full of handpicked wild flowers than a bouquet of roses... a sweet note on a post-it than a poem... a thoughtful gift rather than an expensive one... an afternoon laying in the grass watching the clouds or the stars than a 5 star restaurant... a wink from across the room, a simple smile, a knock on the door at 1 AM just to say goodnight, a soft prayer in the middle of the silence....

I love that boy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...