Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

As you know, I'm not a big Halloween fan. I don't think I'd ever spend personal money on buying Halloween decorations. Now Fall is a completely different story and if you know me or you've seen my apartment, you know money is well spent on Fall decor. ;) But Halloween...nope! Not so much! I can see you decorating the weeks up until Halloween, but that would overshadow my beloved Fall, leaving Fall only to be decorated from Halloween to Thanksgiving- which is just not acceptable. {OMG I'm starting to sound like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory. Side note: Alex and I watched a whole disc of that tonight! I am LOVING that show! Thanks Maria!}

Anyways, this makes year #2 I've been living in the dorms during Halloween, so, celebrate it a little bit I must! This is the 2nd year we have had a Halloween party in the building, so I had to dress up as SOMEthing! I didn't want to spend any money on it, or at least didn't want to spend upwards to $20 on something. Last year I bought a "mummy" t-shirt on clearance at Wal-Mart to wear to the party...

{Miss you Keenan!}

But this year, I wasn't too sure of what to do. I got some great ideas from friends on Facebook- but the best {cheap} idea of all came from an employee at Maiden High School {where I'm doing my school counseling practicum}.

For a total of $4 I bought a black t-shirt on clearance at AC Moore and a scrap of fabric at Wal-Mart and made my Halloween costume.


Add a little black shimmer eyeshadow I had in my collection & voilà! I was a "black eyed pea" this Halloween!!




The Halloween party was a definite success. ... It wasn't all what RAC {who planned the party} had planned but I tried to warn them it wouldn't. We did get smart though & have a $50 raffle at the end to entice residents to stay until the end! We had a good number of residents come in costumes too...so that was awesome! Here's some pics from the night's event.
My fabulous RAs that dressed up!

My OTHER RAs who said their costumes were abstract! LOL

Isenhour Staff :)

Andres the pirate!

Shelby, the cutest little flapper!


Best costume = Ricky Bobby





{Yep, I Picniked a picture on Facebook! Don't know what Picnik is? Definitely search for it on Facebook!} PS- Do you see Baby's jester "outfit"??? That's all she'd allow...so that was good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...