Sunday, January 2, 2011

1-1-11

I know it's not technically 1-1-11 anymore because it's past midnight, but that's not how I do things. To me, it's still the same day until I go to bed!

I have heard a little less about new years resolutions this year. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the world is slowly learning that they are just words and are worthless without added effort behind them.

While I have many things I wish and hope for myself in this upcoming year, I have vowed to *not* have a resolution this year. Every year I usually end up {eventually} getting lazy, or busy, or a little of both and lose sight of my new years resolution. Either way, by mid-year, heck, maybe mid-January, I am like "oh crap, well, A for effort, right?" and go on with my life.

Not this year! This year I'm being more practical with my "new years resolution." It's more like a new life resolution. I would love to be able to say I don't give up this year, that I keep on keepin' on until I get closer and closer to my goal, no matter WHAT goal that is. That if I fail, I don't stop trying. I will definitely have my bad days, but this year, I hope that I don't get stuck in a rut. I hope I accept myself for my faults and don't let that stop me from having what I want. I hope to have less excuses and more success stories!

I don't think that's too much to ask for 2011.

As my girl Taylor Swift says...
"it's the end of a decade, but the start of an age..."

I can't wait to see what this "age" has in store for me! What will this year hold?? Only time will tell, but I pray that God guides my steps and gives me strength to face whatever 2011 has to bring!

So far, it's been one day of 2011 and I slept in, did some Mary Kay work, did a lot of lounging around, and spent my evening with my Mom and my boyfriend, laughing until we cried and enjoying some good ol' TV-on-DVD. Not a bad start if I do say so myself... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...