Monday, January 31, 2011

Digging in the Word!

I am loving doing my morning devotions! I've learned if I can shower & {here's the key:} dry my hair at night, then I have made time in the mornings to spend some time in the Word. It is making such a positive difference in my day! They don't take a lot of time and are actually really enlightening! What probably takes the most time is sharing what I have learned on in my Facebook group. {Someone let me know if those links don't work please!} It's just too good of information not to share! It especially drives me to share when I get comments, etc. of people telling me they've read it & enjoyed it. It's my way I've found to share the Word of God...so I guess that makes getting up at the crack of dawn worth it! :)

Here is today's verses. I have a parallel Bible and it has The Message and the NIV versions in it. I like reading both and comparing them. Here below I have combined the two to form the verses that speak to my heart the most.

"Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,
or whine, Israel, saying
'God has lost track of me.
He doesn't care what happens to me'?
Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening?
God doesn't come & go. God lasts.
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
He knows everything, inside & out. [The MSG]
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired & weary
and young men stumble & fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint." [NIV]
-Isaiah 40:27-31

I have also really been enjoying reading Proverbs 31 Ministries' Facebook postings and  the devotions they post on their website. I get their daily texts/devotions on my phone & they are ALL SO GOOD! I am actually in love with their whole website and look forward to purchasing and reading Made to Crave. I can't wait to share more about that with you later! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...