Tuesday, March 8, 2011

BLONDE MOMENT!

HAHA! It's always good to laugh at yourself every once in a while. I will share my latest blonde moment with you!

So, Laura posted a blog talking about Groupon. My friend Meredith introduced the idea to me this past summer, but I forgot about it. I thought there might be some good deals to try on there, so I thought, what the heck! & I signed up for their free daily e-mails with deals! Well, at the bottom of the daily deal I was reading it said "The Groupon Guide to: Writing a Check." Then it showed a picture of a check and a how-to blurb on check writing. Knowing how to write a check (thank you, Lincolnton Middle School!), I just scrolled down the screen. Then I saw this:
4. $: This one is obvious—circle the dollar sign if you want your intended recipient to receive some money.
Now! Wait a minute! For real?!?! How have I been writing checks for 8 years and NOT known this?? Seriously?? I thought, "I have NEVER done this!" ... I don't know that I've ever written a check to someone for more than I owe them to receive cash back, but still... HOW did I not know this?!?!

And then I continued to read.... the blurb looked a little something like this...

The Groupon Guide to: Writing a Check

Thanks to the popularity of credit cards, many colleges no longer offer a major in filling out checks. Here's a guide:
Learn how to fill me out!
1. Your Address: Similar to how you should dress for the job you want, your checks should list the address you wish you had. This is why most checks list the White House or an imagined attic above a McDonald's as the address.
2. Date: If you would like to date the person you are sending money to, write yes on this line.
3. Payable to the Order of: Write the name of the secret religious or fraternal order you want the money to go to on this line.
4. $: This one is obvious—circle the dollar sign if you want your intended recipient to receive some money.
5. MP: Write the name of your favorite member of Parliament on this line. If your check clears, this counts as voting for him.
6. Number Line: This string of digits is the maximum amount you can write a check for.

HAHAHAHA! Thanks, Groupon, for the laugh...at myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...