Sunday, October 16, 2011

My test is OVER!

Update on my test:
I PASSED!!!!!!

Seriously that was one of the most stressful things. I hadn't had some of these classes in over two years. I had eight sections of counseling material to study, and no time to do it in. I think in the week I had to study (super long time) I actually spent maybe four hours studying total. I know, I know. I suck at studying! It was just all super boring material that doesn't all even necessarily relate to actual counseling, which is not encouraging! Plus I knew I was taking Friday off work & had to flex my time at work that week, so by the time I got home, worked out (one day), tanned (wedding weekend was coming- can't be pale!), ate dinner, took a shower & got ready to study I was flat out tired!! {You see I have my priorities in line.}

But I woke up at 6AM Friday, showered, and headed to Charlotte in hopes of having enough time to get where I was going {if you know me, you know I got lost} and last minute study/cram before my 9AM test. I have Rosenthal's The Encyclopedia of Counseling to thank for educating me on all things counseling. The "Boot Camp" Study Guide in the back of the book is what I read in the H&R Block parking lot, and thank God I did!! I didn't have time to finish the book (in the times I have spent studying for both the CPCE and the NCE) and that study guide informed me of things that most definitely helped me with a number of questions on the exam! 

The exam was 200 questions and lasted me about 2 hours & 15 minutes. It was brutal! The kicker was only 160 questions counted and 40 questions were "trial questions" for the test-makers to see how well test-takers do on them & possibly use them on future NCEs. But anyone taking the NCE has no idea which questions count & which ones don't! So, the point is to do your best on all of them. Please just imagine me eenie-meanie-miney-mo'ing some of those questions, then praying it's one of the 40 that doesn't count. It was so stressful!

I was also super thankful that the test was electronic. The CPCE (the practice NCE) was paper-based and it took like 6 weeks to get our results back. That was stupid. So, when I finished taking my test Friday, I got to see my results immediately! 

Basically, if I didn't pass this test, it would take me so much longer to get licensed (and get a much needed pay raise) and I would have to pay another $200 to re-take the test. I could NOT fail this test!

I had so much support from family and friends. I could not be more thankful for that either! Everyone kept telling me that they had faith in me, that I would do great, etc. but the best thing I heard was, "All you have to do is PASS!"

That is so true. I don't need a good grade. Nobody needs to know how well I scored. Nobody cares about my score. I just have to pass the test!! That was such a relief in itself. 

Just so you know... you have to get 91 of the 160 correct. Depending on how you look like it, that's only 56% correct. On the other hand, you have to get NINETY-ONE QUESTIONS CORRECT. Bluh! 

But I did it.
It's over!
I don't have to stress out about it anymore.
And in four weeks I am going to have my scores sent to the LPC board and they will license me and I will be an LPCA and get to start doing what I actually went to school to do!!

I am still so thankful for all the support, love, & prayers!! Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...