Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Starting over with 2013

So, that was that! 2012.
Done and over with!
Just like that.
Does anyone else think it flew by? 

I originally began a rant on here, discussing how poor time management made me regret a lot of my time spent in 2012, vowing to work less (hours) and spend more time with loved ones. I'll spare you the rant. 

2012 was a busy year! There was graduations, birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, holidays, health scares, reunions, new friends made, oh...and Alex and I got engaged! I'm not going to lie and say 2012 was full of wedding planning, because it sure hasn't been. We did set a date, find a place, and I found a dress! That's a lot, right? (Please say, "Right!") 

I'm not going to lie & say that I am going to try to do a million *new* things in 2013. I'm not. I AM going to do one thing though. I am going to try to do what I've needed to do all 2012, and do it well. I am going to try to do my job, do it well, and not spend 50+ hours a week doing it. I am going to try to make more time for my handsome fiance, and my family. I am going to try to grow my relationship with the Lord, and participate more at church. I am going to try to spend more time with my girlfriends. I am going to try to enjoy life more.  I am going to try to exercise more (or, you know, at all by this point), but for the purpose of destressing, not necessarily to lose weight. But I will continue my low-carb diet, because darn it, it's working. :)  

If I had one goal for 2013, it'd be to become a morning person.
How sad is that?
But honestly, I believe my life would drastically improve on so many levels if I could just become a morning person. And "just getting up and starting your day" does not qualify you as a morning person. A morning person feels rested, and is eager to begin their day early. I right now am the exact opposite of a morning person. So...if you know of any tips of changing how my brain works completely, please, let me know. 

Until then, it's 2013. We can't change anything about 2012. It's done. It's gone. And it's not coming back. But the good thing is, we've got 2013. I love a new start! It's a gift for sure, and I would like to do what I can so that I don't waste it. 

I've always been a list person. And I think I've blogged a time or two about the new year. I typically set a few goals, or "resolutions" if you will, for the new year. Not this year! I guess I'm approaching 2013 more realistically. And I don't consider that a bad, or sad, thing. I just want to do 2013 right! No regrets! (Okay NOW I'm setting myself up for failure....)

I'll just say this-- I'm going to try. And I'm going to try hard. 
And I really do think 2013's going to be my best year yet!! ;) 

Happy New Year to you & yours!!

,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...